Women and Girls Lead: A major multiyear, multiplatform initiative to focus, educate and connect citizens in Colorado, across the country and around the world.
God Loves Uganda premieres on PBS Independent Lens on May 19, 2014.
For more Indie Alaska, visit http://www.youtube.com/indiealaska
American Dreams Deferred questions the attainment of the American dream.
Las Marthas premieres on PBS Independent Lens on February 17, 2014.
LATINO AMERICANS, a landmark documentary series chronicling the rich and varied history of Latino Americans, aired on Rocky Mountain PBS September 2013.
From those who collect the classics to those who transform these classics into something contemporary, follow host Lisa Olken as she introduces us to the rare, the unique and beautiful that make up all things vintage.
Watch a video featuring an expert panel and keynote speaker Paul Tough, bestselling author of "How Children Succeed."
Culture & Society
Women and Girls Lead: Making a Difference in Colorado
Women and Girls Lead, a multiyear public media initiative amplifing the voices of women and girl leaders, expanding the understanding of gender equity, and engaging a network of citizens and organizations to tune in and get involved, has kicked off.
Rocky Mountain PBS is leading the initiative in Colorado, with more than 50 documentary films by the world’s best independent filmmakers, and original content from media makers and community partners.
Online audiences can connect with each other and aggregate video, events, social media, and engagement tools from many resources.
In addition to our on-air and online content, Rocky Mountain PBS is:
• Partnering with leading women and girl-focused organizations in Colorado to raise awareness about leadership development, violence prevention and economic wellness.
• Working with the Girl Scouts of Colorado on a number of their key initiatives.
• In conjunction with Girls Inc. of Metro Denver, hosted a youth Media Literacy Workshop to educate at-risk girls about global women’s issues.
• Asking for submissions for on-air vignettes celebrating some of the extraordinary women and girl leaders in Colorado
• Aggregating compelling local content to supplement award-winning national and international programming.
• Activating a strong advisory board that will guide our local effort.
For more information and to get involved, contact viewer services at 303-620-5742